Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dear Jaime

DSC_0821

Dear Jaime,

Fourteen years ago today, I was 12 years old and I stayed home from school that day because I wasn't feeling well. I remember that Mom had a check up with her doctor, and that she was pregnant. Pregnant with what I just knew would be a baby sister... I deserved that, you know, after spending my entire life with brothers and boy cousins!!


P10100881


I got to go with her, and I remember Mom coming out of the office and saying, "Okay well I guess this baby is coming today..." I remember that she was so so calm about it. Granny and Papa took me home, which I recall not being happy about because I wanted to go to the hospital now, I think my new bed was being delivered to our house, and we also had to go to school to get Andy and Zachary.

100_0202

We finally made it to the hospital, and I'm sure we still had to wait a long time, but eventually, I was able to see and hold my brand new baby sister (as you know, I had guessed that correctly). And I had never been more happy!

000_0110

I'm telling you this story because I want you to know how much I waited for you, and how thrilled I was for you to join our family.  I want you to know how much I love you and how blessed I am to have you as my baby sister (or not so much anymore).

100_4633

You amaze me, Jaime. You are funny, so so silly, caring, smart, and so talented.

100_6148

I love watching you with babies and children, especially with your niece, Janie. You are really a natural, and that's not a gift that everyone has.

HolzWedding-378

I also love to see you play volleyball. I know that is something that will take you very far in life if you continue to play and get better and better. I'm looking forward to the next time I can see you play, because it's been a very long time!

100_2534

You have big dreams. I love hearing you talking about your cupcake shop. I hope that you do that one day - I know you'd be so great at it, and it would be incredibly successful. Just make sure that, if you hire Cassidy, you actually pay her.

100_2625

I miss you every single day, Jaime. The one thing that is still so hard about living in Pennsylvania is being away from you, Mom, Cassidy, Zachary, Nicole, and Andy. It makes my heart hurt sometimes when I think about all that I'm missing not getting to watch you grow up. But that makes the times that we get to visit even more special.

IMG_0212

I will always remember the weeks that you guys spent up here waiting (unsuccessfully) for Janie to arrive. I know it was disappointing to wait for no reason, but believe me when I say that I don't think I could have made it through those long weeks without all of you here.

DSC_0681

I can't believe you're 14 now. I actually had to count the years and figure that out before I wrote it because it just seems too old! It doesn't seem possible that you'll be in high school next year.

104_1989

I love watching you grow up, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you, my sweet and lovely little sister.

DSC_0842

I hope you have a very happy birthday!


Love,
Kelli

PS - Jason and Janie say "Happy Birthday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment