Saturday, June 19, 2010

100th post

This is my 100th post.

In honor of that (I guess), I thought I'd do something different and just write! There have been so many changes around here, it's unbelievable!

I'm falling more and more behind on this Project 326, and I'm thinking of scrapping it. I just don't know if I have the energy to catch back up, or even if I have enough pictures to post from the days I've missed. I think I'll do my best to catch up on EVENTS happening lately, and perhaps go back to the picture of the day when I have something really cute and adorable to get on camera, aka a baby!

Tyrone went back to Germany a few days ago. It's weird not having him around. Eight months was such a long time to have someone living with us. He truly was (and still is) part of our family, not just a visitor. We miss him a LOT. I know that his family is so thrilled to have him home though, and I can just imagine how happy they are every time they hear or see him in their very own house.

On the same morning that Ty left, I had an interview with our local school district for a junior high life skills position. I wore my new outfit (down to brand new pointy toe heels) that Jason helped put together at Macy's a few weeks ago and did my best to look professional despite my very large belly. The interview was long but I felt good about it afterwards. I thought it went very smoothly, and I actually really enjoyed the conversation! I went home nervous but confident I'd done my best, and then I settled down to wait the few weeks I thought it would take to hear back from them. You can imagine my surprise when they called me YESTERDAY, less than 48 hours later, to tell me that they wanted to recommend me to the board for the position! I have to meet with the superintendent next week, and then they will give their recommendation at the next board meeting in a few weeks. It's all very exciting, and I am so so thankful and blessed to have been chosen for this position. The school is about 5 blocks from our house, on the very same street as Jason's school. We are so grateful to both have jobs that allow us to work so close to home doing what we love!

We have been busy busy busy with projects around our house the past few days. We are getting new carpet installed and have been cleaning rooms out to make moving furniture around a lot easier. We are also preparing for a yard sale in a few weeks. It will be GREAT to get rid of some of the junk we've had accumulating for a very long time now. We can't wait to get the nursery set up and put all the little clothes and other baby things in their places. So far we've installed the light fixture in the ceiling, but we still have to paint the walls, get the carpet installed, build all the furniture (from IKEA!), wash and sort baby clothes, and get everything arranged the way we like it. I CANNOT WAIT!

Meanwhile, I'm growing and growing, the baby is growing and pushing its way around all my organs, and I think we are both ready to meet face-to-face. I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant now, and I've started to get emails telling me to pack my hospital bag! I feel like I'm ready, but I have so much more to do still. And most of it gets pushed aside regularly for my intense desire to sleep. A lot. Or eat ice cream.

I really will post our pictures from Philadelphia, my baby shower, my mom's visit, and Ty's last week here - very shortly. Maybe some of them tonight! Thanks for just reading my words for this post...

1 comment:

  1. One of the awesome things about babies is that they don't care if their walls are painted -- or even if they're sleeping in a crib! I mean, I know you want to get things ready, but don't stress too much -- there will be time!

    And just exactly what is a "life skills position"?

    --Sharon

    ReplyDelete