Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My mom came to visit!!!!

A few weeks ago, my mom came up to visit for the weekend. She came up to be able to go to my baby shower, but I was just so glad to see her and be able to spend a few days talking, hanging out, and eating lots of ice cream! I miss her so much, and it was JUST what I needed.

Her flight came in very late on Thursday night, and we had such fun picking her up and driving through McDonald's for dinner at 1 AM.




The next morning, we all slept in and then walked around downtown and to the park for a little while.



We also went to one of the local farms and Mom admired their tomato plants because hers aren't working out quite as well.




Later that night, we went out to dinner with Jason's parents and then drove out to a huge park we have nearby for a walk around the lake. It was lovely and peaceful - until it started pouring rain. We all hid under a tree while Jason ran a very long way to get our car. He's a saint :)






The next day, we went to my baby shower and then sat on the couch for the rest of the night watching Alice in Wonderland and eating leftover shower food.

The visit seemed so short but I am grateful for every minute of it. I can't wait to see Mom again when she comes for the baby's birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment