Monday, April 26, 2010

10: 75/326


THESE are Granny's mashed potatoes. They are heaven. I have such fond memories of them as a child... trying to eat them as fast as I could without burning my mouth so that I could go get seconds, racing my cousin Pat back to the kitchen for the last serving, scraping off the top crunchy part and saving it for last, and calling my Granny a hundred times to ask for the recipe. I made them tonight without help, and I felt like a real grown up! They are a heavenly mixture of potatoes, cream cheese, and sour cream, with a delicious crust of butter and parmesan cheese (or romano for me since the other stuff gives me a migraine? Weird, I know.)

Granny, thank you for making these so many times when I was growing up. I don't know what my life would be without them (or you!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment