Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 7 Weeks


How far along: 7 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Still staying off the scale until my doctor's appointment.

Maternity clothes: Got a few more pairs of pants out, and I bought some shirts and sweaters. I decided - who cares? I'm pregnant! Ha!

Stretch marks: No.

Sleep: I'm still very tired. Jason has been so great at encouraging me to lay down when I need it. I've been having a hard time getting to sleep at night sometimes too but overall, not too bad!

Best moment this week: Spending the mornings hanging out with Janie and Jason in bed. Janie loves to cuddle with us and with the baby.

Miss anything: I miss my family, especially because of Thanksgiving.

Movement: Not yet!

Food cravings: I've been eating cinnamon toast every morning and lots of clementines. Yum.
309765_10101510032724131_2009879_83624029_80094641_n

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just food in general. Bleh.
 
Have you started to show yet: Not particularly.

Gender: We're still feeling like it's a girl. Jason thinks we will only ever have girls - we'll see!!!

Labor signs: No!

Belly button in or out: In. 

Wedding rings on or off: On.

Happy or moody: Still moody but this week has been better, as I am able to sleep when I need it.

Other weird and random pregnancy related things: Still having headaches - yuck. Also, I have been having a hard time catching my breath and having some sharp pains in my side. I was worried but then I found this online and felt relieved.

I sometimes feel short of breath now that I'm pregnant. Is this common?

Yes, many women experience this sensation as their pregnancy advances. You may even notice it early in pregnancy, although at that stage it's more often sensed as a heightened awareness of the need to breathe.
You need more oxygen during pregnancy, and your body adapts to meet this need in several ways. An increase in hormones, particularly progesterone, directly affects your lungs and stimulates the respiratory center in your brain. And while the number of breaths you take per minute actually changes very little during pregnancy, the amount of air you take in with each breath increases significantly.

Looking forward to: Same things! Going to the doctor to hear the heartbeat of this little one, watching my belly grow, and seeing Janie learn to become a big sister.

Milestones: The baby is the size of blueberry! Aw! He/she is generating 100 new brains cells per minute. He/she is growing arms and legs and working on the final set of kidneys this week. It's pretty incredible to read these things each week!

From Janie's perspective: Janie REALLY loves to kiss and hug the baby (well, my belly). She tells everyone where the baby is. Lately, she's been lifting up her shirt and putting her finger in her own belly button - I think she's just trying to figure this whole thing out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment