Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Favorite Reads

Each week, I'm going to be sharing some of my favorite things I've read on the web lately. I always wish I could share the great things I read with my friends and family, and I think this is one easy way to do it. I hope you enjoy!

Things I'd Like to Cook:



photo by Katie at goodLife {eats}

Step-by-Step: Turkey Swedish Meatballs from The Tasty Kitchen Blog - Jason LOVES those Swedish Meatballs from IKEA and I thought it'd be fun to surprise him with these one night. (Jason, if you're reading this, just pretend to be surprised, okay?) 


Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Calzone Recipe from goodLife {eats} - Idea #1 for all the leftover ham in my fridge.


Pizza Loaves from $5 Dinners - Oh my. I love French Bread pizza SO MUCH. I am always so tempted by it in the freezer section, and I have no idea why I never thought about making it myself. I can't wait!


Things I'd Like to Bake:


Easy Sour Cream Banana Cake from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - Easy and yummy!


Step-by-Step: Homemade Bagels from The Tasty Kitchen Blog - Okay... fresh, soft, real bagels is one of the things I miss so much about South Florida. I had no idea that I could make them myself!!! Ah! I am so excited! I don't know when I'll get around to actually doing this, but I just had to share!


Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Cake from The Tasty Kitchen Blog - So looking forward to going blueberry picking this summer and coming home to make this cake. Yummy!

Things I'd Like to Make:



Lemon Buttermillk Sherbet from Bake at 350 - Three ingredients. Perfect for summer. Can't wait!


Kitchen Tips/Shortcuts:

3-2-1 Pasta Formula from goodLife {eats} - I like this a lot.



Parenting - Words of Wisdom:

Embracing Interruptions from (in)courage - So encouraging to me in this time of my life.
Regaining Childhood: Parenting a "too fast, too soon" generation from Dr. Michele Borba - This makes me very nervous about being a parent but I think it's important to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment