Saturday, April 16, 2011

Janie and her daddy

The other night, Jason, Janie, and I spent a few minutes in bed remembering the cozy nights when Janie was a teeny tiny little infant (as teeny tiny as an almost 11 pound newborn is - haha!), and I would bring her into bed with us. Sometimes it was to nurse and sometimes it was because she wouldn't sleep without me and I was overly tired and needed to rest. And it was always on Sunday afternoons for naps. But now she's such a great sleeper that she goes to bed and stays for many many hours. My little baby is growing up already. Sigh.

Anyway, we had a cute little photo shoot together and giggled at her silly faces. (Click on picture to see it bigger.)

Us

Then Janie and her daddy decided to have a little shoot of their own... and if anyone ever doubted that Janie is the replica of her father, see below...

Side note: Usually when I take a really great picture of Jason, I automatically think, "I can't wait to put that on facebook/blog this!" Without fail, he will say, "Don't put this on facebook." When I saw how adorable these pictures were, I quickly came to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be posting these anywhere. Imagine my surprise when Jason said, "I can't wait to see what you do with these... I'm thinking a collage?" Yes! So, without further ado...

jasonjanie

I love seeing these pictures and watching the bond between Jason and Janie grow each day. There is nothing in the world that makes me happier than to see my best friend and love of my life care for, love on, cherish, and adore his baby girl. As I listened to Jason read to Janie tonight while he rocked her to sleep, I realized how truly blessed I am and how much I am looking forward to many more years of raising children together. Today I am so thankful for my husband and my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment